All of the calls for the 2021 activities are now open. Apply today. For more information, click here.
The One Health EJP’s first CPD Module is postponed due to the Coronavirus outbreak. For more information visit the CPD page.
The One Health EJP ASM Satellite Workshop is postponed due to the Coronavirus outbreak . For more information visit the ASM Satellite Workshop page.
What are the Education and Training activities co-ordinated by Work Package 6?
The One Health EJP Education and Training Activities are coordinated by Work Package 6. Work Package 6 aims:
- To develop and deliver innovative training platforms with a specific focus on One Health
- To build a sustainable framework to encourage educational integration of research groups and reference labs across our OHEJP consortium
There are a number of activities organised annually as part of this work package including:
- Short Term Missions – these are small travel grants available to our consortium members which can be used to visit another institute to learn a new skill, collaborate and harmonise existing approaches.
- Summer School – the Summer Schools are an important component of the One Health EJP, as they provide One Health training opportunities for the next generation of young scientists from across Europe and worldwide.
- Continuing Professional Development – the CPD module is targeted towards Early Career Researchers and focusses on several One Health themes.
- Satellite Workshop – this workshop is organised alongside the One Health EJP Annual Scientific Meeting, each workshop will focus on one of the priority areas for the One Health EJP.
Other activities organised by this work package include:
- The Doctoral Programme – which has funded 17 PhD studentships, 5 more than originally anticipated!
- The Communication and Media Workshop – this workshop will highlight the importance of Science Communication which is becoming and ever important component in research.
Keep an eye on our activity pages for announcements and further event details! Click on each of the activities to find out more information.
Who are the Education and Training activities targeted to?
The activities are targeted towards early career researchers, professional researchers and.students at different stages of education i.e. from bachelor’s to PhD level.
The calls to host and organise all events is run internally within the One Health EJP consortium.
Once the hosts of the event are selected, the event details are announced on our website for applicants to apply to attend one or more of these educational, integrative and collaborative events at one of our partner institute locations across Europe!
How does Work Package 6 fit into the One Health European Joint Programme?
To successfully detect, respond to, and prevent outbreaks of foodborne zoonoses, antimicrobial resistance and emerging threats, data, methodologies, expertise and laboratory information should be shared across sectors.
The World Health Organisation has stated that “government officials, researchers and workers across sectors at the local, national, regional and global levels should implement joint responses to health threats”.
In line with this “Prevent-Detect-Respond” concept, the main focus of the One Health EJP (OHEJP) is to reinforce collaboration between institutes by enhancing medical, veterinary and environmental cooperation and integration of activities across the OHEJP European partner network.
In addition to funding Joint Research Projects and Joint Integrative Projects, the OHEJP is also funding several Education and Training activities to build a sustainable framework in the fields of Foodborne Zoonoses (FBZ), Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) and Emerging Threats (ET).
Work Package 6 Objectives
The overall objective of Work Package 6 is to develop and deliver innovative training platforms and materials with a specific focus on One Health, and provide a sustainable framework for educational integration of research groups and reference laboratories across the OHEJP partner network.
Through this, the OHEJP aims to encourage the foundation for sustainable integration in the next generation of One Health researchers.
Work Package 6 is responsible for organising the submission, selection and evaluation of PhD proposals, summer schools, training workshops, continuing professional development events, and finally administering short term missions for OHEJP partners.